Msc. in brewing science & technology
The Scandinavian School of Brewing are in charge of the internationally recognised master brewer programme. Together with the University of Copenhagen and their kompetences within food research for which they are renowned worldwide, we have created a unique partnership.
In the specialisation programme in Brewing Science and Technology at the University of Copenhagen
- you will learn about the raw materials used in beer production, and you will gain an insight into the factors which affect the quality of the raw materials
- you will come to understand the chemical and microbiological basis for beer production and learn how the various steps in the brewing process affect the quality of the products
- you will gain knowledge on the entire beer production technology, from malthouse, brewhouse, fermenting, filtering, packaging and on to energy supply, environmental conditions and brewery project planning
- you will, through both practical and theoretical courses, gain an in-depth insight into the production of various types of beer and how to analyse and ensure their quality
- you will, through excursions, visits and lectures by people working in the industry, get contacts and commercial insight as well as cutting-edge knowledge in the field.
As a student, you will be taught by both master brewers from the Scandinavian School of Brewing and scientists from University of Copenhagen and you will study together with students comming from industry – in an internationally and lively environment. The language of instruction is English.
Graduates from the MSc programme in brewing science and technology gain the title: MSc in Food Science & Technology. Combining the MSc with practical brewing experience from 9 month of internship, you also gain the title Diploma Master Brewer (in Danish: Brygmester).